Checklist For Your Memorial Day Weekend
Memorial Day weekend is a great time to get together with family, eat great food and honor American heroes and the sacrifices they have made for the U.S. Planning a big family get together over the weekend can be difficult, so it helps to have a checklist of everything you’ll need for your Memorial Day weekend.
- Location: It’s great to gather as a family, at the family cabin, or a relative’s place by the lake. However, this isn’t necessary for your Memorial Day Weekend celebration. You can set up shop at a local park, beach or picnic area. Enjoying the summer and the outdoors is a fun staple for Memorial Day celebrations. As a bonus, it’s always fun to be posted near the local town parade!
- Parade: Going to a local parade has a lot of fun benefits. It’s a great way to join your community in a celebration of the values of Memorial Day. It’s also a nice opportunity for local veterans to see support from the community. Best of all, it’s a fun activity to start off your Memorial Day.
- Food: Memorial Day weekend is often synonymous with grilling. If you are getting together with a big family, a great idea is to plan a potluck where each party brings a dish to share. That way, everyone can have as much meat, greens and corn on the cob as they prefer without one family having to take the burden of preparing foods.
- Games: Playing games during your Memorial Day weekend celebration is a great way to keep the fun going. Outdoor games like ladder ball, bocce ball and cornhole are simple, inexpensive and relaxed games that you can play at your leisure with family.
- Honor veterans: Wherever you are in America, at 3 p.m. you can participate in the national moment of remembrance. This minute-long silence is a time to reflect on the sacrifices veterans have made for the U.S. It’s also a great symbol of national unity. You don’t have to stop there. You can make sure to thank a veteran, volunteer, write a personal letter or give a care package to help veterans in your community.
If you are looking to make an even bigger impact for veterans during your memorial weekend, you can donate any unwanted vehicle you may have to Vehicles For Veterans. Vehicles For Veterans, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, benefits disabled and other veterans organizations with your car donation. Plus, we take care of everything for you from free pick up and towing to a 100 percent tax deductible receipt. All you need to do is call 1-855-811-4838 or fill out an online donation form.