There are a lot of ways you can start having bad memory such as: old age, traumatic brain injury and not doing enough exercise. Scientists from many well-known institutions have some great ideas if you notice your memory isn’t doing as well as you would like it to
5 Great Ways To Boost Your Memory
- Sleep: Make sure you are getting enough sleep. Scientist have found that getting 7 to 9 hours of sleep each day counting naps allows your brain to perform better. When you sleep your brain sorts out memories and stores them so you can recall them later. If you cut your sleep short you brain isn’t allowed enough time to store memories.
- Exercise is a key role in having a great memory. When you exercise you tend to breathe more frequently. Thus increasing the oxygen and blood flow to nourish the brain. The Department of Health and Human Services recommends at least 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity. Try to make time for as much exercise as you can.
- Diet: Many scientists have found that your diet can play a key role in how much you are able to remember. Making sure you are eating the daily recommended amount of fruits and vegetables can help to make sure you are getting your daily vitamins. Also they have found eating cold water fish such as salmon, tuna, and trout is full of omega-3s. If you are not a fish person you can find Omega-3s as a vitamin supplement. They also have found that people who have higher vitamin D levels have better verbal memory. You can get vitamin D as a supplement or by simply going out in the sun in moderation.
- Challenge your brain: You can do this by playing memory games like a crossword or Sudoku puzzle. Do something that makes you think such as going to a museum or watching a documentary. Learning new things gets you brain going and allows you to learn things easier.
- Daydreaming: If you are a person that doesn’t have time to nap throughout the day scientist have found daydreaming to be like napping. Daydreaming allows your brain to store memories as you relax.
Give A Helping Hand
Many veterans come home with traumatic brain injuries that make it hard to go about their daily life. If you are looking for a great way to give back donating your unused vehicle to Vehicles For Veterans is a great way to do that. Vehicles For Veterans benefits disabled veterans and their families. You can donate today by calling us at 1-855-811-4838 or by filling out our online donation form. We have great customer service representatives standing by to answer any questions you might have.
You can change a veteran’s life by donating today!