Have you ever seen the acronym R.E.D. and wondered what it stood for? R.E.D. stands for Remember Everyone Deployed. This campaign was created to remind people of the heroes that are overseas and a way for people to show their support.
History Of R.E.D. Friday
R.E.D. Friday was started through an email chain in 2005; it urged people to start wearing red on Fridays to show your support for our troops. This campaign was then adopted by two Canadian servicemen’s wives. Their red shirt campaign took off all across Canada.
Then a man named Lloyd Hofmeister became involved in the Canadian RED Shirt Friday and decided to take it back to the United States. This is when he started redshirtfriday.org because he wanted military members like himself to come home and feel appreciated for their service.
Then in no time at all R.E.D. Friday took off across the U.S., thanks to military families, spouses and other organizations.
What You Can Do To Show Your Support
When you wear red on Friday it shows our troops that you support their efforts overseas and it gives support to the troops returning home.
- Wear a red shirt Friday. It doesn’t have to be a shirt that has an American symbol on it, it can be just a plain red shirt.
- Participate in the hashtag trend and take a selfie wearing your red shirt and then put #REDFriday in the description.
- You can help spread the word of R.E.D. Friday by reposting pictures and symbols of R.E.D. Friday on social media.
- Talk to friends, family and coworkers about why you wear red on Fridays.
- Start a new tradition with friends where you all wear red on Friday, that way you will be accountable.
Want To Show Your Support More Than A Red Shirt?
In a click of your mouse or a phone call you can help veterans and their families. Many veterans come back home and need some extra help with bills or other expenses. You can help by donating you unused vehicle to Vehicles For Veterans. We are a 501(c)(3) vehicle donation program benefiting disabled veterans and their families. All you have to do is fill out our online donation form or call 1-855-811-4838. We offer fast and free vehicle pick up. We take most vehicle in any condition running or not.
What are you waiting for? Show your support and donate you vehicle today!